LASH ARTIST SPOTLIGHT: SAVANNAH CARMICHAEL

Meet Lash Affair's newest trainer and lash boss: Savannah Carmichael! 
She's been lashing for almost 10 years and is soon opening her FOURTH lash salon. We had the opportunity to chat with her to learn more about her lash journey and what she loves most about being a salon owner. We hope you will be able to learn from her about what it takes to be the ultimate lash boss!
" Owning your own shop is not something for the weak, but I wouldn’t change a thing. I love knowing that I can make a difference in someone’s life – both the girls that work for me and our clients. "




Question #1: What is your story?

A: I was born and raised in Southern California and that’s where I have made my life and started my business, My Addiction Skin Care, which has grown to include 4 shops. I have one brother, Augie Guerrero, who is 11 months younger than me and is currently the Regional Director for Samsung. We are the product of two amazing, strong parents who know what it takes to be successful. They instilled within us an entrepreneurial spirit and were strict – never accepting less than our best. Honestly, there was never a question of whether or not we would be successful – they raised us to achieve and push ourselves to the limit and although it sounds cliché, to shoot for the stars. My Mom is still helping me every day, serving as my general manager.
I was also blessed to marry my high school sweetheart we have been together for 16 years and married for 7. He has been my rock and support and as a team we have built My Addiction into what it is today – opening our fourth shop at the end of this month. He puts up with my long hours and is there to be my cheerleader through this whole crazy ride and given me the courage when things get rough and I consider giving up. My family is everything and it is because of them I am where I am today.



Question #2: What got you into lashing? 

A: After I graduated from college as a Registered Nurse, I worked in a dermatologist’s office. The doctor I worked for wanted me to train and offer lash services in our office specifically for cancer patients.
I started in lashes nearly ten years ago – back then there were really only three lash companies in the industry and I did my training through one of them. The adhesive seriously took five minutes to dry and extensions were in pots. The lash game has changed! These changes have really adjusted what we can do and how we can do it – it’s such an exciting time to be a part of the lash industry.



Question #3: Why did you become a trainer?

A: This question ties into what I believe is my mission and role in this industry. It is an exciting time to be in the lash industry. It’s still in its infancy and the growth potential is amazing! Whether or not we want to believe it, we are the pioneers – right now we are shaping the industry. We are setting the stage  for what the industry will look like in 20 years. 
I feel my role is to help prepare and educate the next generation coming up in the lash world. Ten years ago, everyone was sure that lash extensions damaged natural lashes and the industry would never go anywhere. Through education and training we can ensure that lash artists properly apply lashes and stay up-to-date on trends, new products and techniques insuring that our clients and the industry as a whole continues to grow and develop positively. This is why I am a trainer, hold regular trainings with my girls, and why I love to mentor and make myself available to new and seasoned lash artists and why I am excited to announce that I am now working on a new blog that will be a part of my Instagram posts and the My Addiction Skin Care website. 



Question #4: What keeps you inspired as a lash artist and business owner? 

A: When I started lashing, in the dermatologist’s office, it was literally in a closet. I started my own business from nothing and built it from the ground up and am now opening my fourth shop in Southern California. I am inspired knowing that I am changing the lives of hundreds of people EVERY DAY and showing other lash artists what you really can do in this industry if you have a dream and the determination to succeed. 

Question #5: What was your biggest fear going into this industry?


A: Honestly, my biggest fear is that I would suck. Working in the dermatologist’s office I was used to working on a little bit larger area than a single lash. I was worried that I just wouldn’t get it, that it would be too tedious for me and I wouldn’t have the patience. Also, with all of the negativity around the lash industry when I started I was concerned it wouldn’t go anywhere. Speaking to new and potential lash artists – stick to it! This is an amazing industry and if you work hard you can achieve – the sky is the limit!



Question #6: How did you hear about Lash Affair?

A: I had heard of Lash Affair before , but when I was at IBS in Las Vegas this year, I was just blown away by the company. I brought a whole team of my girls to IBS. Every single one of my girls who were at the show came to me and really told me that that I needed to meet Jenelle. Immediately, they built a relationship with me – I feel that Lash Affair really gets me and understands my needs. I feel they take me and my business seriously and respect what I’m doing and building. I feel the team at Lash Affair does whatever they can to meet my needs – even developing a new line of tweezers for my girls. They have truly gone above and beyond.   



Question #7:What’s your fav Lash Affair Product? Why?

A: The One Adhesive. As all lash artists know adhesive can make or break you as a lash artist. It’s standard for lash artists to have humidifiers and to be constantly attempting to create the perfect humidity level to achieve the best results from your adhesive. The beautiful thing about The One Adhesive is that it’s dynamic – it self adjusts and the retention is AMAZING! 



Question #8: What’s next for you? 

A: As I mentioned, I’m getting ready to launch a blog to try and give back to the industry and help further educate other lash artists in the industry. Follow me on Instagram and stay tuned for more details!  

Want to see more beautiful work from Savannah? Connect with her on Instagram @savannah_myaddiction!
To enter make sure to follow us on Instagram at @lashaffairbyjp. Look for the LAM photo and follow the instructions in the description! Good luck and happy lashing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Ways To Make Your Lash Extensions Last Longer:

8 Steps to Perfect Eyelash Extensions

6 Common Beauty Tips You May Not Want to Follow: